Flourish with us. August cleanse info is here!
Beginning this Wednesday 8/1, our community will begin a pleasant, proven month-long journey towards balanced and healthful eating and living.
- a thoughtfully outlined plan for optimizing daily lifestyle habits (incl. eating, self-care, relaxation and exercise)
- an individual online tracker,
- access to a private FB support group,
- specific guidelines regarding meals, snacks and foods to add/avoid,
- personalized feedback
The good (to add)
- Detoxifying ‘superfoods’ rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients vitamins A, B and C (e.g. bok choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, cayenne, cilantro, garlic, ginger, kale, lemon, onion, parsley, rosemary and sea vegetables.)
- Foods that reduce inflammation (e.g. salmon, grass-fed beef, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds and walnuts, turmeric, berries, dark leafy greens, avocados.)
- Foods that improve gut function.
- Foods that balance blood sugar.
A variety of recipes will be provided, suitable for students who want simplicity–and those who crave experimentation.
Simple cooking will be required, as will assembling/preparing food at home.
“The decline of everyday home cooking doesn’t only damage the health of our bodies and our land, but also our families, our communities and our sense of how our eating connects us to the world.” -Michael Pollan
The bad (to eliminate)
- Processed and factory-made foods
- Refined/processed vegetable oils
The risky (to limit/avoid)
- Excessive screen time
- Disrupted circadian rhythm
- Short/interrupted sleep
- Fun with family and friends.
- New skills and rituals.
- A healthier, more resilient body.
- Mental strength.
- Emotional fortitude.
- The chance to begin again, with each breath, each choice, each bite.
“Being healthy is a revolutionary act that requires unconventional choices, conscious determination and a willingness to learn.”
Register here. Just $30 for 30 days. Change your life.