Bikram Yoga is the single best form of yoga for the achievement and maintenance of perfect health, a strong body, and a sharp mind.
The Bikram Method is a proprietary sequence of 26 postures (asanas) lasting 90 minutes.
Bikram Yoga is practiced in a hot room. The increased room temperature aids in warming muscles and increasing the extensibility of body tissues, which allows deeper stretching, and prevents injuries. Sweating helps to release toxins, as does deep breathing. The end result is an unparalleled feeling of mental and physical well-being and relaxation.
Bikram Yoga is an excellent way to relieve stress and get in shape for people of all ages and abilities, especially beginners.
Bikram Yoga… Why does it work?
- Bikram yoga works 100% of the entire body from the inside out. The series of bends, stretches and twists work your muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, organs, nerves and glands. Upon release of a posture, fresh oxygenated blood travels through and rejuvenates the vessels and tissues that were being compressed.
- Bikram Yoga is an effective lifestyle component for losing weight and increasing overall health and well-being. Bikram Yoga is also effective to aid injury rehabilitation and to complement peak performance training.
- You can burn 600 to 1,000 calories per class, depending your intensity.
Bikram Yoga has been taught for nearly 4 decades. Why?
- … because IT WORKS and it is EFFECTIVE.
- Regular practice will strengthen your spinal and core muscles, and will help alleviate health ailments by providing relief and control over symptoms (eg pain).
- Bikram Yoga brings your body back to square one – the way our bodies were meant to be, in a safe process of restoration and rejuvenation.
- Bikram Yoga is an excellent cardiovascular workout without high impact and stress on joints, making it accessible for everyone and every body.
Regardless of your fitness level, if you want to improve your health or simply feel good in your body, Bikram yoga is for you. The series is designed for beginners as well as experienced practitioners so previous knowledge of yoga is not a requirement.
Many thanks to Bikram Yoga Vancouver for input on this content.